Another great chilly-weather duck camp type of recipe. Thanks to Don and Lorraine Becker for this great taco salad-in-a-bag recipe. Donny and the gang enjoyed this recipe on a cold winter day in the warmth of Becker’s waterfowl wonderland.
Becker’s Pit Taco Dorito Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 3- ounce packages Doritos Donny likes Original Nacho Cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup tomato seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup taco sauce your favorite
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet over medium heat. Drain off liquid and mix in taco seasoning. Lightly crush the Doritos while the bag is still sealed. Carefully cut the top off of each Dorito bag, getting as close to the seal as possible so that there plenty of room in the bag to work with. Add the hot seasoned beef, cheese, tomato, lettuce, olives, sour cream and taco sauce. Eat out of the bag with a fork.