Great way to use up leftover upland game birds like pheasant, quail or dove. If smoked, even better. If you have leftover pheasant that you end up not using, then freeze it using a FoodSaver vacuum sealer – try their outdoor editions, especially made for hunters.
Easy Caesar Salad with Pheasant
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 heads chopped romaine lettuce outside leaves removed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- 2 cups cooked pheasant meat
- Add all dresing ingredients except oil to a food processor or blender and pulse for 30 second or until mixture is smooth. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Taste and adjust flavors to suit your palate.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with half of the dressing. Add additional dressing as needed and serve immediately.