Don’t let the word “spicy” turn you away from this recipe. The amount of spicy heat can easily be adjusted, or eliminated altogether. You can turn down the heat by removing the ribs and seeds from the pepper and reducing the amount of Sriracha sauce in the marinade.
Spicy Duck or Goose Wrap
- 2 cups skinless duck or goose breast fillets sliced across the grain
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions roughly chopped 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs—parsley basil, chives, oregano, etc.
- Salt and pepper
- To prepare the marinade, whisk together all ingredients except the olive oil in a medium bowl. Once the mixture is well blended, add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Add the sliced duck or goose to the marinade, toss to coat evenly, cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- To prepare the mayonnaise, place the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Pulse to blend. With the motor running on low speed, add the vegetable oil in a thin stream until the mayonnaise is creamy. Add the herbs and season the mayo to taste with salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Remove the sliced breast fillets from the marinade and pat dry. Cook in a hot, lightly oiled skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To serve, spread a layer of mayonnaise over each flour tortilla. Add the cooked breast fillets, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Fold over the bottom flap and roll tightly.