If you’ve ever tried to make hollandaise sauce using the classic method of whisking the ingredients constantly over a double boiler, you know how tedious it can be. Well, you have got to try my blender version of hollandaise sauce. It’s fool-proof (aka Scott-proof) and only takes about 1 minute. After you have made the basic sauce, try playing with the recipe by adding herbs, shallots, cheese, etc.
Spicy Salmon and Shrimp Eggs Benedict
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter melted and hot
- 4 4- ounce salmon fillets skin removed
- 16-20 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 English muffin halves toasted and lightly buttered
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 4 poached eggs
- To make hollandaise sauce, place egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until well blended. While motor is running, add hot butter, a few drops at a time and then increasing to a slow, steady stream until all butter is incorporated and sauce is smooth.
- Season salmon and shrimp with seasoning blend. Heat oil in a large skillet and lightly brown salmon on 1 side. Flip over and add prawns to pan. Continue cooking until salmon and prawns are just cooked. For each serving, place 2 English muffin halves on each plate. Top with 2 tomato slices. Add 1 piece salmon and 4 to 5 prawns. Top with 1 poached egg. Drizzle sauce over top.