This could use a better name, but I just kinda threw some stuff together in a skillet and it was delicious! From the “Quacktastic” episode of The Sporting Chef TV show on Sportsman Channel. This could be a main course dish as well.
Duck and Rice Side Dish
- 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup each diced onion carrot and celery
- 1 teaspoon Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub Blend
- 1 1/4 cups acorn squash cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups duck breast cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown or any rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- dash Hi Mountain Trail Dust
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until onions are translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper. Add acorn squash and cook for 3 more minutes. Add garlic.
- Add duck and cook until lightly browned. Add rice and chicken broth. Stir to combine contents of the skillet and cook until hot.
- Crack eggs over skillet, keeping yolks intact, if possible. Cover with a lid or foil to cook eggs to desired temperature. For runny eggs, they are done with the top just turns creamy white. Top with Hi Mountain Trail Dust.