As with any stir-fry, it’s essential that all ingredients are prepped and ready for fast cooking. Do not overcook your duck as you will be disappointed in the results. If desired, serve over warm cooked rice or noodles.
Duck Stir Fry
- 2 cups skinless duck breast fillets thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Ponzu soy sauce a low-sodium, citrus-infused soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 green onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby bok chop halved or shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger minced 1/4 cup Unagi sauce (available in Japanese markets, many grocery stores, or though online suppliers)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- In a bowl, combine sliced duck breast with cornstarch, Ponzu and sesame oil and toss to coat evenly and smooth out any lumps from the cornstarch.
- Heat the oil in a medium-hot skillet or wok. Add the duck and liquid and quickly stir-fry for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve over warm American rice or noodles.