This recipe is from Linkie Marais, another Food Network Star finalist on our show – and she’s good! Spoon this chutney over a perfectly cooked steak. It’s a little sweet, a little sour and great on any dark-fleshed game, feral swine, bison and domestic pork and beef.
Linkie Marais’ Cranberry Chutney
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced by about one-third and has thickened. Stir in lime juice. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Too sweet? Add more lime juice. Too sour? Add more brown sugar.
Copyright: The Sporting Chef - www.sportingchef.com