Many don’t think of pairing a fish with pheasant – but adding Dungeness crab to your pheasant breasts just took your typical wild bird dish from “rustic” to “restaurant-worthy.” Use the other parts of the pheasant to create a pheasant stock – which makes a great base for soups.
Pheasant Breasts with Dungeness Crab
- 4 to 6 pheasant breast fillets skin on or off
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Poultry Rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Dungeness crab
- Season pheasant liberally with Hi Mountain Poultry Rub. Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pheasant and brown evenly on one side. Flip pheasant over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, garlic and basil. Cook until pheasant is just done. Add tomatoes and top with Parmesan. Place equal portions on plates and top with crab.