I once made this Valentine pizza for my wife many years ago and she still talks about it to this day. So you see, the simpliest things are sometimes the most memorable. If you don’t want to make your own pizza crust, as shown here, just add the pepperoni Valentines to a cheese pizza. Still the same impact.
And if you want to make this more of a Valentine wild game pizza, then sub the pepperoni out for wild game summer sausage (thinly sliced).
Here’s another Pizza recipe for more on the “wild side.” http://sportingchef.com/wild-game-pizza/
And if you are interested in using Camp Chef’s Pizza Oven (highly recommend) check it out here.
- 1 cup water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce of choice
- 10-15 large pepperoni slices
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded cheese
- Pizza Seasoning, or Hi Mountain Seasoning of choice
- Other toppings as you like
To make the crust
- Stir together warm water, yeast and sugar. The water should be warm, but not hot. Once mixed, place in a warm area and let stand for five minutes. Yeast mixture should foam up and increase in volume. If not, either the water was too hot or cold or the yeast is dead. If that's the case, start over because you won't like the results otherwise.Combine flour and salt in a bowl and mix well. Stir in yeast and stir with a fork until dough starts to form. Using your hands, continue to process the dough until it is just a tad sticky and uniform in consistency. Smooth, not too dry, not too wet. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour. Too dry? More water, but just a little at a time. Roll the dough into a ball, drizzle some olive oil over the top, rolling the dough so all of it gets covered in the oil, and cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm draft-free location and let rest for 30 – 60 minutes. Dough ball will increase in size. Place dough ball on a floured (or corn meal works too) work surface and knead for five minutes. Separate dough in half and roll into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.Add your pizza sauce.
- Take your pepperoni slices and gathering 3-4 at a time, cut into heart-shapes. Place strategically on the pizza. Add your other toppings as you see fit. Bake in a 425 degree oven until lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Or better yet, use your Camp Chef Pizza Oven.