Camp Chef’s Steve McGrath prepared this recipe with Leysath on the HuntFishCook TV show. Thanks, Steve! Watch the video below. And you can see many past clips of The Sporting Chef TV on my YouTube channel or on CarbonTV.
[youtube width=”600″ height=”360″ video_id=”UqGThQyUu7w”]
Camp Chef Grilled Avocado with Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 4 Hass Avocados halved
- 1 bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Black Bean and Corn Salsa:
- 8 oz whole corn strained
- 8 oz black beans strained
- 1 med tomato diced
- 1/2 med white onion diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine salsa ingredients.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove pits from avocados and brush first with lemon juice, then extra virgin olive oil. Place avocados skin side down on barbeque grill for 2 minutes, turn and grill for 2 more minutes. With a spatula, carefully remove avocados from grill and spoon salsa into seed pits. Stick a chip in avocado and serve!