Susie Jimenez created this unique and delicious lettuce wrap using ground elk meat. And if you want more carbs, just take that whole lettuce roll and wrap it in a flour tortilla. No dressings are necessary, but you could add a Thai Peanut Sauce.
Elk Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground elk meat
- 1 teaspoon of each ground cumin ground coriander, chopped garlic, turmeric and pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon siracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bib lettuce leaves or collard greens (add flour tortillas if want the carbs)
- Use seasonal vegetables to top it off - including shredded carrots scallions and more.
- Toasted coconut
- sauté ground elk meat with 1 teaspoon of each ground cumin, ground coriander, chopped garlic, turmeric and pepper over high heat for 5 minutes.
- serve with ginger soy sauce and top off with toasted coconut