Burgers can be made from just about any game meat, including geese. A meat grinder, like one from Weston Products, works best, but you can get good results from simply pulsing chopped breast fillets in a food processor or mincing them with a sharp Buck Knives chef knife. In this recipe, I added pork or fatty beef to get that “juicy” burger most people want. About four parts goose to one part bacon or ground pork is ideal.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups ground goose breast fillets
- 1/2 cup ground pork bacon or fatty beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your liking
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- olive oil
- buns and toppings of your choice
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the ground meat and mix well. Add the cheese onion, garlic and egg. Mix well again
- Form into 4 balls and pack tightly. Press into 3/4-inch-thick-patties. lightly coat with olive oil.
- Pan sear or grill to desired temperature. Place on buns with desired toppings and condiments.