Originally called, “World’s Greatest Garlic Bread”, but it may be a bit of a stretch. Food is subjective and who’s to say they’ve got the greatest? How about “Really Good Bread”? This recipe calls for sourdough bread, but in a pinch, just use what you have on hand!
Really Good Garlic Bread
- 1 pound loaf crusty sourdough bread split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise yes, mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet yellow onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons or more garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Combine all stuff and spread on inside halves of bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until lightly browned.