When I was making this on The Sporting Chef show, I thought it would taste just as good between two slices of bread. This is one of those recipes that works well for leaner cuts of meat, such as pheasant or wild turkey. We smoked our pheasant breast and thighs in the Camp Chef SmokePro first to add another layer of tastiness.
Smoked Pheasant and Cashew Salad
- 2 cups chopped cooked pheasant thigh meat
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves minced
- Hi Mountain Italian Herb Seasoning or substitute Italian seasoning
- julienned apple tossed with lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- red cabbage cups
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and remainder of dressing ingredients. Add pheasant and next 5 ingredients. Mix well to coat evenly with dressing. Fold in julienned apple. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place in halved red cabbage leaves or atop lettuce.