This recipe is from our Sporting Friend, Susie Jimenez. She uses antelope in this particular version, but any ground wild game meat will work well.
Wild Game Queso (made with any ground venison)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- half onion - finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos - seeded and diced
- White wine - used Michael David Sauvignon Blanc
- 8-10 oz your favorite cheese that will melt well, colby, jack etc
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 lb ground, pre-cooked, wild game (antelope was used in Susie's version)
- In a hot skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil, add chopped onion and jalapeños, saute until onions turn golden brown.
- Deglaze skillet with about 1/4 cup white wine
- Allow the wine to cook down, then add cheeses. Melt down.
- Add tomato (for 'juiciness') and ground wild game
- If cheese is clumping, add a dash more white wine, don't worry, it will cook off.
- Serve with chips
Copyright: The Sporting Chef - www.sportingchef.com