You could also roast your peanuts for this recipe. And you can take an Asian spin on it by adding a little soy sauce and peanut butter. But be careful that one ingredient doesn’t overpower another. Too much soy sauce, for example, and you are up a creek.
Red and Green Peanut Slaw
- 1/2 head green cabbage outer leaves removed; cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 head red cabbage outer leaves removed; cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- Red bell pepper julienned, to taste
- Yellow bell pepper julienned, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Slice 1/2 head green and 1/2 head red cabbage and place in a large bowl. Add red and yellow julienned bell peppers to taste to the cabbage. Pour in mayonnaise mixture and toss gently. Add 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for one half hour before serving. Toss before serving.