It’s creamy, it’s bacon-y and it’s so good with a grilled cheese sandwich, or even better, a Grilled Cheese and Spicy Shrimp on Sourdough Sandwich.
Bacon-y Tomato Bisque
It’s creamy, it’s bacony and it’s so good with a grilled cheese sandwich, or even better, a Grilled Cheese and Spicy Shrimp on Sourdough Sandwich.
Servings: 6 servings
- dutch oven
- blender or food processor
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 cups celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub
- Cook bacon in a large stock pot over medium heat. Once browned, remove bacon and all but a few tablespoons of bacon grease and two strips of bacon. Add celery, carrot, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle flour over butter, stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes while stirring often.
- Add canned tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in cream. Puree in a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender. Season to taste with Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper.