I’ve used this recipe on a variety of both freshwater and saltwater fish. The key is to make sure that the fillets are thin enough to roll up without a struggle and thick enough to keep from tearing. In the photo, they added a shrimp in the middle, very sushi-like.
Catfish with Pecan Cream Cheese
- 2 6 to 10 ounce catfish fillets about 1/4 inch thick, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 2/3 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 green onion white and green part, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry cornbread stuffing smashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season fillets with Cajun spice. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Lay fillets flat on surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each fillet. Starting at one end, roll each fillet snugly and secure with a wooden skewer. Sprinkle additional cornbread stuffing over top and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove skewer and serve.