It’s not really cooked in the traditional sense, but then it’s not sashimi either. The acidic lime juice actually “cooks” the fish, shrimp and scallops. Serve in a glass bowl, or get really fancy and serve inside a melon or other large fruit.
- 2 cups skinless fish fillets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup bay or sea scallops abductor muscle removed
- 1 cup raw shrimp any size – peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons juice only
- 5 limes juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion finely minced
- In a glass, plastic or ceramic bowl, toss fish, shrimp and scallops with lime and lemon juice and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Add remaining ingredients and gently mix. Serve in a glass lined with lettuce or a hollowed out melon or papaya.