This recipe comes from Bob Sheldon of Grass Valley, California who won a great prize from Camp Chef to add to his backyard grilling set up for submitting it to one of our KFBK radio contests (N. California). Thanks Bob!
Chicken Fried Duck Breast
- 4 duck boneless duck breast fillets skinless
- salt pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- bacon grease or vegetable oil
- Pound duck breasts with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Use the pointed side of the mallet and then the flat side. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. (Bob also uses meat tenderizer when he's in the mood). Combine half and half and eggs in a bowl. Combine panko and Italian seasoning and place in another bowl. Dip pounded breasts in egg mixture, then roll in panko mixture to coat. Heat bacon grease in a medium-hot skillet until lightly brown on both sides.