According to Wikipedia, Étouffée or etouffee is a dish found in both Cajun and Creole cuisine typically served over rice. In this photo it is served over orzo pasta (the really tiny pasta) so you do what you want to do.
- 12 oz. frozen cooked & shelled crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 onion chopped fine
- ¼ cup celery chopped fine
- ¼ cup bell pepper chopped fine
- ½ Tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 stick butter not margarine
- Sautee vegetables in butter and garlic.
- Mix in flour and Old Bay.
- Mix in water.
- Mix in tails.
- Simmer on low-med heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Multiplying does not change taste.