If you would more tips and trick on how to cook your waterfowl so it doesn’t 1 – taste like liver or 2 – end up bone dry, then read my Q&A from Ducks Unlimited here. I also have more duck recipes on DU’s website here.
Duck, Bacon, Green Beans and Mushrooms
- 2 cups boneless and skinless duck breasts sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green beans cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms quartered
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to matoes cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- Season duck with salt and pepper. Heat bacon in skillet over medium heat until just cooked. Add duck and lightly brown in bacon grease. Add green beans, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar and mustard. Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Add tomato and cook for 1 minute. Spoon mixture onto plates and top with blue cheese.