This dish is entirely too easy. CAUTION when adding the brandy to the hot pan! If you have “juice” leftover, you can pour it over your duck and serve with grilled veggies and a glass of Michael David Wine.
- 4 large duck breast half fillets skin removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 - 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Place duck breasts on a flat surface. Press your hand over each breast and cut into 2 pieces by slicing through the middle of the breast, between your hand and the flat surface. The idea is to have 2 thin pieces of duck breast. If desired, you can lightly pound meat with a mallet so that it is of even thickness. Season sliced duck with salt and pepper. Fry the onion in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes until soft. Add duck and cook each side for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Combine remaining ingredients and stir into pan.