How you cook the fish or the type of fish you use is up to you. This spirited vinaigrette is great on just about anything. I like it with grilled fish and warm flour tortillas. Either warm the vinaigrette slightly or serve at room temperature. When the fish is cooked, spoon some of the vinaigrette over, but don’t drown it.
Fish with Green Chile Vinaigrette
Green Chile Vinaigrette
- Serve some extra on the side or save for another time. Also makes a tasty marinade for fish poultry, pork or upland game.
- 1 4 ounce can roasted green chilies
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch dried oregano
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.