For all of you Fred Hall show goers. The fish is first brined, then smoked in a Camp Chef Smoke Vault at 200 degrees for 1 – 2 hours, depending on the type and thickness of the fish. If your smoked fish is alredy on the salty side, you may not need to add additional salt after processing.
Fred Hall Smoked Lemon-Herb Fish Pate
- 1 cup smoked fish fillets flaked
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves minced (or 1 teaspoon dried leaves)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley minced (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves minced (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 cup chives minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper and pulse in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted bread, vegetables or crackers. It’s also great as a sandwich spread.