The sweet flavors of freshly squeezed orange juice and honey are balanced with just enough vinegar so that the marinade doesn’t overpower the fish. Trout has a delicate flavor so you don’t want to bury it in strong flavors. The marinade is great chicken, pork and shellfish as well.
Grilled Orange Marinated Trout
- 4 1 pound trout weight after cleaning
- *** saSeason trout evenly with salt and pepper. Place trout in a plastic ceramic or glass container and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place marinated trout over medium-hot coals. Cook for 6 – 8 minutes per side or until skin is crispy and trout is just cooked.lt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning