Do you save the collar section from your salmon? If you’re like a lot of people you probably throw your salmon collars away, but there’s a lot of flavor from the bones and the rich meat in that section.
You can also try this recipe with tuna.
Grilled Salmon Collars
- salmon collars
- low sodium soy sauce
- Hi Mountain Rib Rub
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions
- pickled ginger (for garnish, if desired)
- Sriracha or wasabi (if desired)
- Put salmon collars in a bowl. Add soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, lime juice and season generously with Hi Mountain Rib Rub.
- Grill the salmon collars with red and green onions.
- Garnish with lime juice and pickled ginger. Serve with Sriracha or wasabi if desired.