You may want to pour the liquid from the baking dish into a saucepan and thicken with roux or a cornstarch slurry to thicken. The sauce can then be drizzled over the cooked pheasant breasts. If you are really ambitious, you could make your own tortellini. But who is that ambitious?
Pheasant Breast with Tortellini Cream Sauce
- 3 cups pheasant breast skin removed - cut into 1 - 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespooons lemon juice
- 2 - 3 or more cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cuip dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked tortellini pasta
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves minced
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup blue chees crumbles
- 1 cup tomato - seeded and diced
- Season pheasant with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pheasant and lightly brown, but do not cook meat completely. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add white wine and cook for 1 - 2 minutes more. Remove pheasant pieces and keep warm. Add tortellini, basil, heavy cream and cheeses. Stir in and cook until sauce is creamy and pasta is warmed throughout. Return pheasant to pan. Spoon onto plates and top with tomato.