I love, love, love blue cheese and making it into a cream sauce it 10 times better. This sauce is perfect with any of your upland game – so feel free to clean out the freezer. Add toasted bread and a side salad with a glass (or two, we don’t judge) of Michael David Wine and you have a perfect meal.
Pheasant Breasts with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
- 4 – 6 boneless pheasant breasts skin on or off
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 -4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup tomato seeded and diced
- Season breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions pheasant and lightly brown evenly on both sides. Add wine and garlic to pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Remove pheasant breasts and keep warm, but do not overcook! Reduce liquid to about 1 tablespoon. Stir in lemon juice and cream. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir in blue cheese until melted. Return pheasant to pan and heat for 1 – 2 minutes. To serve, arrange pheasant breasts on plates, spoon sauce over and top with tomato.