Works with any fish! Open the fridge and see what type of fresh vegetables you have on hand – perfect way to use up veggies that might turn in a day or two. Light brown the fish and cover with veggies. OK, there’s a little more to it than that, but not much.
Striper with Vegetables
- 4 6 – 8 pounce striper fillets bloodlines removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced (seeds in or out, your choice)
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 lime juice only
- 1/4 cup chopped black and green olives combined
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and rinsed
- Chipotle Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce4
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown fish on one side, about 4 minutes, flip over and cover fish with onion, carrots, garlic, jalapeno, lemon and lime juice. Cook for 5 – 6 minutes. Add olives, capers and Tabasco and cook for 2 minutes more. When fish is done, remove from pan and top with vegetables and tomato.