You can cook your tomato cups, or just leave them raw, but I really like the melted cheese on top of mine. Add back the ‘tops’ to you tomato for presentation purposes. You can also use this recipe with leftover ham or other meats.
Tyrnos Tomato Tuna Cups
Servings: 4 large tuna cups
- 16-20 oz. albacore fillets cleaned and paper towel dried cut into 1/2"x1/2" chunks
- 4 large beefsteak tomatos sawtooth cut on top like halloween pumpkin scoop out inside discard or use for salsa I even cut the shape of a tuna on side of the tomato cup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 sm. onion
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chooped
- 2 stocks celery diced finely
- 1/8 cup walnuts crushed
- 2 tablesoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground peeper
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In small skillet saute' butter,onions,serrano pepper and garlic. Let cool.
- In large bowl, combine tuna chunks,cilantro,celery,walnuts,sauteed onions/garlic/serrano peppers,bread crumbs,old bay,salt and coarse pepper.
- Fold in mayonnasie and mustard.
- Fill up tomato cups. Grate your favorite cheese on top
- Cook on BBQ with rack covered with foil 10-12 minutes medium heat or in oven at 325 degrees for 10 min. or skillet med.heat 10 min.
- Serve with romaine salad and garlic bread drizzle your favorite dressing on top of tuna cup and salad, I like a creamy avocado vinaigrette