This recipe calls for a bit of regular ground hamburger to add to the venison. That is because you need the fat from the hamburger to help your ‘balls’ stick together. Venison is so lean, you sometimes need to add a ‘fat’ to it to help your recipes.
- 2/3 pound ground venison
- 1/3 pound ground beef 15 – 20% fat
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup onion finely diced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs panko
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Mix well. Form into golf ball-sized meatballs. Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown meatballs evenly.