This is a quick sauce to make in the same pan in which you cooked the fish. Cook the fish in the pan and transfer fish to a warm pan or oven, but make sure you don’t continue to cook the fish. This sauce takes about 5 – 6 minutes to prepare. If you don’ have access to a variety of herbs, just use parsley. I know you can find parsley!
Herb Pan Sauce for Fish
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fish or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs dill, basil, thyme, parsley – preferably a combination,
- salt and pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until onions are softened, but not brown. Add the stock and lemon juice, increase heat to high and bring to a boil, reducing liquid by half. Remove pan from heat and whisk in herbs and remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon over fish immediately.