This recipe is great for impressing company. The flavors are rich and buttery, but not so much that it overpowers the taste of the fish or game. Try it with any fish, shellfish or upland game. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons over the cooked fish, etc.
Orange Citrus Buerre Blanc
- 1 cup orange juice preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced (or sub white part of a green onion)
- 1/2 pound chilled butter cut into small pieces
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine first five ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to about 3 – 4 tablespoons. Add butter pieces, a couple at a time while whisking continuously. When all butter has been melted, immediately remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.