Great on really any kind of fish. Mint is my first choice, but most any fresh spice or combination of spices should go well with avocado salsa. Basil is a great choice; use more basil than you would mint, about 1/4 cup per avocado. Add mangoes to it if you really want to go crazy and add chiles to this for an extra kick. Tomatillos are a good substitute for tomatoes.
Avocado Mint Salsa
- 2 large ripe avocados – peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbls freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbls red onion minced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tbl fresh mint leaves minced
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice avocado into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl and toss lightly with lime juice and olive oil. Add next 4 ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.