Mint is the first choice, but most any fresh spice or combination of spices should go well with avocado salsa. Basil is a great choice, but use more basil than you would mint, about 1/4 cup per avocado. Go crazy and add some mango to this.
Marinated Striped Bass Fillet with Avocado Mint Salsa
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Avocado Mint Salsa
- 2 large ripe avocados – peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbls freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbls red onion minced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tbl fresh mint leaves minced
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place fish in a plastic or glass container and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly brown fish on both sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Place fish on plates and top with salsa.
Avocado Mint Salsa Instructions
- Dice avocado into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl and toss lightly with lime juice and olive oil. Add next 4 ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.