Add seasoned vegetables and boiled red potatoes coated with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic for a complete outdoor feast. This preparation also works great with upland game and antlered game steaks. The recipe calls for duck breast, but you can use the marinade and basting sauce for whole ducks as well.
Barbecued Orange-Rosemary Duck
- 6 – 8 duck breast halves; filleted and skin either on or off your call
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces butter softened
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon juice only
- salt and pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over duck breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 – 12 hours.
- Combine basting sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place duck breasts on a well-oiled medium-hot grill and cook breasts 2 –3 minutes per side or until medium-rare.
- Baste with basting sauce during cooking, reserving 1/4 cup of the sauce to drizzle over cooked breasts.