This is a smooth buttery sauce that’s great over fish, chicken, eggs or vegetables. Especially worth making the day after a party and you have a few leftover champagne bottles. I hate throwing that stuff down the drain.
Champagne Orange Sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 T butter
- 1 T shallot or sub white part of a green onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 ounces champagne or any sparkling white wine
- 1 T orange zest
- 2 T orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup fish or chicken stock
- 1 T fresh Italian parsley minced
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Melt 2 T of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add champagne and orange zest, bring to a boil and simmer until liquid is reduced by one-half. Add orange juice concentrate and stock. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup butter, a few pieces at a time, until melted. Remove from heat immediately, whisk in parsley and season with salt and white pepper.