A campside specialty of Devin Grundy, owner of Grundy Concrete in Folsom, CA. Devin’s recipes aren’t too exact, but they don’t really need to be. This one is so simple and so very good! But a good canned smoked oyster – you get what you pay for.
Duck and Smoked Oyster Appetizer
- 4 duck breast fillets skin removed
- 1 can smoked oysters
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12- 15 thin slices prosciutto or substitute partially cooked bacon
- Cut each duck breast into 3 – 4 pieces. Lightly pound each piece until about 1/4-inch thick. Add to a small bowl with oysters and liquid, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Toss and refrigerate for 30 – 60 minutes. Lay prosciutto slices out flat on a work surface. Place one oyster and 1 piece of duck on one end of each prosciutto slice. Roll up snugly and secure with skewers. Grill, pan-sear or broil until prosciutto is browned. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.