Servings: 6 appetizer servings
- 18 fresh jalapeno or small sweet peppers
- 1 cup cooked fish broken into pieces
- 2 green onions minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest minced
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Split peppers lengthwise and place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until peppers soften. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Carefully scrape out seeds.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stuff into peppers.
- Peppers can be broiled or grilled until stuffing is warm.