Prepared on The Sporting Chef TV show with my good friend, Joe Shaw. Hey Joe, how come you never call any more? If your guests are allergic to peanuts, then this would not be a party starter.
Venison Satay Skewers
- 2 pounds venison hindquarter muscle or backstrap trimmed of all silver skin and gristle
Marinade and Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chunky style peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Slice meat across the grain into long, thin strips
- Combine and mix all ingredients together except coconut milk. Divide marinade evenly. Use half for marinade and add the other half to a saucepan and stir in coconut milk. Heat to blend flavors. Cool.
- Toss meat with half of the marinade and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Grill, broil or pan-sear meat until medium-rare.
- Place skewers into cooked meat.
- Serve with reserved sauce.