If garlic’s not your thing, tone down the hot edge by first sauteing the cloves in olive oil over low heat until they are an even, light brown color. The flavor will be nutting and a little sweet.
Garlic and Mustard Venison Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds venison, trimmed of any silver skin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 to 12 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Slice venison across the grain of the meat into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (except skewers). Add sliced meat to bowl, toss to coat evenly, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade and drain, but do not pat dry. Place skewers into meat, and grill to desired doneness over a well-oiled, medium-hot grill. For medium-rare, cooking time is about 3 to 4 minutes.
Copyright: The Sporting Chef - www.sportingchef.com