Plums make this fish dish sweeter – so try pairing a sweeter wine – like Michael David Winery’s Symphony A blend with Muscat grapes, among others, make the perfect summer grilling wine. Add a fresh garden salad and grill some bread and you are in business for a patio party. Be sure to invite me over.
Grilled Fish with Plum Salsa
- 4 6 – 8 ounce fish fillets skin on or off
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 medium ripe plums seed removed – chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 tsp gingerroot peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbls cilantro leaves minced
- dash Asian chili sauce or any hot sauce
- To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly to combine flavors. Rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rub fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a medium-hot grill and cook on both sides until just cooked. Spoon salsa over fish.