When it comes to cooking on a warm day, I’ll always choose the ‘cue. The tomato relish is especially good with real vine-ripened summer tomatoes, not the ones from the grocery store that claim to be vine-ripened. Who are they kidding?
Grilled or Pan-Seared Grouper with Tomato Relish
- 4 6 – 8 ounce fish fillets or steaks
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon juice only
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ripe tomato seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup black olives chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon capers chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the rub, combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Brush mixture on both sides of the fish. Place over medium coals or a medium-hot gas grill and cook on 1 side for 4-5 minutes without moving the fish. Flip fish over and baste with more of the rub. Remove fish when done, about 3 – 5 minutes more.
- To prepare the relish, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. Spoon relish over fish.