Assertive Southwestern flavors make this main dish salad a palate pleaser for those who like it well-seasoned but not too spicy hot. I like to serve this with warm flour tortillas and cold Mexican beer.
Grilled Fajita-Style Salad
- Combine seasoning ingredients (or use your own seasoning blend).
- Slice venison across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips. Toss with seasoning. Combine sliced meat with other meat ingredients in a non-reactive bowl or zipper lock bag, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Prepared dressing. In a blender or food processor, combine cider vinegar with next 5 ingredients. Process until dressing is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat ingredients from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat ingredients, and stir-fry until meat is just cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While meat is cooking, toss lettuce, avocado and tomato with dressing in a large bowl. Mound salad mix on plates. Spoon cooked meat mixture over center of salad mix.
Copyright: The Sporting Chef - www.sportingchef.com