Served warm, chilled or room temperature, this is a fitting side dish for any season.
You can also make this with rabbit ravioli here or dove.
Marinated Ravioli with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 24 venison ravioli
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper
- Prepare vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest and next 5 ingredients. While whisking, add olive oil, in a thin stream until emulsified. Stir in garlic and tomato. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 quarts of water over medium heat. When water just starts to boil, add ravioli, a few at a time, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove ravioli with a slotted spoon, and drain in a colander, but do not rinse. Transfer to a shallow bowl and immediately toss gently with vinaigrette. Can be served immediately, left to rest until room temperature or chilled in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
Copyright: The Sporting Chef - www.sportingchef.com