Clementines or mandarin oranges will work in a pinch too. Thyme is herb that best complements a citrus flavor. Also makes for an impressive holiday dish so hey, why not try this on a Tuesday night and impress your family?
Orange Glazed Goose Breast
- 2 Canada goose breast half fillets skin, gristle and silver skin removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions white and green part; diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons butter chilled
- 1 large orange; peeled and segmented
- Season goose breasts with next 3 ingredients. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add goose and sear until browned on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip breasts over and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add orange juice and vinegar to pan and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add garlic, onions, soy sauce and honey.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove goose breasts when medium-rare and let stand.
- Reduce liquid to a fesw tablespoons.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in chilled butter until melted.
- Slice goose breasts and arrange on plates.
- Spoon sauce over and garnish with orange segments.