This recipe calls for cooking the crab in a cast iron skillet – if you don’t have one, try the ones from Camp Chef. They are already seasoned and ready to go. If you already own a cast iron skillet and need help in seasoning it, try the Camp Chef Conditioner.
Oven Roasted Garlic Crab
- 2 large Cooked Dungeness Crabs leg’s and claw’s removed and cracked,
- Bodies quartered
- 1/2- cup butter or one quarter pound
- 1/3- cup olive oil
- 6- cloves garlic
- 1- medium size shallot minced about 2 tablespoons
- 2- teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 3- tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2- tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 - cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter with oil over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and shallots, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the crab and salt and pepper; add half of the thyme and half of the parsley.
- With a pair of tongs, mix well and place skillet in oven for 30 minutes or until crab is heated through, turning once about half way through.
- Use tongs remove crab from skillet and place on serving platter. Add orange juice to the skillet and stir to reducing by half forming the sauce.
- Poor sauce over crab and top with remaining thyme and parsley.
- Serve crab with a green salad, some good crusty French bread, and a bottle of Michael David 6th Sense Syrah.