This is an easy-to-follow cold pasta salad that is perfect for a summer bbq or gathering. Smoke or grill your salmon before for a different taste. Add or subtract fresh veggies to suit your taste. You could also just serve on fresh lettuce greens and skip the pasta if you are looking for something gluten-free.
Salmon Pasta Salad with Avocado, Tomato and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 2 cups cooked salmon broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 4 - 5 cups cooked and cooled pasta we used orzo
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- pinch sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon minced
- salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously to blend dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss salmon with remaining ingredients, reserving some of the cheese for topping. Add dressing as needed to coat. Top with reserved cheese.