Works great with wild turkey breast, too! Marinate for one to six hours- the longer you can let it marinate, the better it tastes. Trying pairing this with Michael David Winery 7 Deadly Zins, it is scrumptious and add some sliced garlic bread to dip in your basil aioli.
Skewered Pheasant Breast Appetizer with Basil Aioli
- 3 pheasants skinless breast only – meat cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Ducks Unlimited Lemon and Lime Seasoning and Rub
- 16 medium wooden skewers
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend.
- Combine pheasant strips with oil, wine and seasoning. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 to 6 hours. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook strips until just cooked and not overcooked. Place skewers into cooked pheasant. Serve with Basil Aioli for dipping sauce.